Are you an international student with a flair for business and finance? Do you desire to broaden your knowledge by taking courses in the business and finance field abroad? Then you’ve across the right article. In this article, we’ll explore the different scholarship opportunities available for international students who want to bag a postgraduate degree in business and finance fields at top universities abroad.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for updates on scholarship opportunities and more.
Why choose business and finance?
There are several benefits you stand to gain when you decide to major in the business and finance field. Some of them include:
Read also: Scholarships For Students Pursuing Careers In Technology
- Availability of job opportunities: there is a variety of job opportunities available to professionals who major in the business and finance field. You can choose to explore accounting, finance, marketing, and human resources among other areas.
- Development of skills: Choosing to specialize in the business and finance area helps you develop various skills that will help you thrive as a person in the world. Some of them include leadership skills, strong communication skills (oral and written), analytical and critical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making, logical thinking, presentation and report writing skills, and self-motivation among other skills.
- High Salary: Depending on your job specification, a degree in the business and finance area will guarantee that you have a high-paying job compared to other job opportunities available in other fields.
- Career growth: there are so many areas to explore in the business and finance field. Due to the ever-evolving nature of the world, professionals will learn how to adapt to these changes, thereby providing the opportunity for growth and development
- Opportunity to learn from other disciplines: finance is crucial to every sector not only the finance field. Business and finance majors get to explore and learn about other fields making them knowledgeable in many areas.
Scholarship opportunities in the business and finance field
We have compiled a list of scholarships in the business and finance field that you will find helpful. They can be seen below:
Read also: Scholarships For Student-Athletes: Balancing Academics And Athletics
1. Rotary Peace Fellowships
The Rotary Peace Fellowship is open to both international students and domestic students who want to pursue a career in the business and finance field. The scholarship opportunity allows students to pursue their master’s programs endorsed by universities in the US, UK, Japan, Australia, and Sweden. They offer both fully-funded scholarships and partially-funded scholarships. The benefits the scholarship offers include
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation fees
- Round-trip transportation
- Other expenses related to internships and field study.
To learn more about the application process and the eligibility criteria, click this link.
2. University Of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowship
Also, students interested in studying in Switzerland can harness the University of Geneva Excellence Scholarship. It is a partially funded scholarship offered by the university and is initially offered for one year but can be extended for the duration of the master’s program you are studying. The value of the scholarship is summed up at CHF 10,000 to CHF 15,000 and does not also involve any teaching responsibility. To learn more about the application process and the eligibility criteria, click this link.
3. The Future Global Leaders scholarship
Additionally, international students who want to bag a master’s degree in any field including technology and other STEM-related courses in the United Kingdom can apply for the Future Global Leaders Scholarship program. However, students must have a proven track record of academic excellence and the motivation to embrace transformation, innovation, and growth. Some of the benefits of the scholarship include:
- Financial support for internship abroad
- 3 weeks of intensive leadership training
- Full sponsorship of program expenses and more.
To learn more about the application and eligibility criteria click this link.
4. . Fulbright Program for Non-US Students
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is open for students pursuing their doctoral degree or PhD in any university in the United States or other appropriate institutions. Students who are majoring in the business and finance field are also eligible. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a research program funded by the U.S. Department of State and administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE) in New York.
- Application deadline: February 1 to June 1
- Benefits offered: The grant covers airplane fees, allowance, monthly stipends, housing allowance, book and supplies allowance, computer allowance, and basic health insurance.
- Duration: –
- Eligibility: it is open to Postgraduate students from eligible countries including Nigeria.
- Application criteria: To know more about the requirements, click here.
5. Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program
Furthermore, the Robert S. McNamara Fellowship program is funded by the World Bank is targeted at empowering young professionals and who are research-inclined and are from developing countries. It allows them the opportunity to participate in policy-relevant research, broaden their perspective, and allow them to ask relevant questions. The value of the scholarship sums up to $44,888 which will be paid in installments. To learn more about the application process and the eligibility criteria, click this link.
6. INSEAD Business School International Scholarships
Furthermore, the INSEAD Business School International scholarship is open to students in the business and finance field. It is targeted at students with proven academic excellence who want to pursue a top-ranked MBA program. They have a campus both in France and Singapore. The monetary value of the scholarship starts from $10,000. There are also different ranges of scholarships available to international students and some of them include:
To learn more about the Scholarships program, click here.
Read also: Scholarships For Students Pursuing Careers In Healthcare
7. DAAD scholarships
The DAAD scholarship is open to international students who want to pursue their postgraduate degrees in Germany. The scholarship aims to promote networking and increase the knowledge and efficiency of the recipients. Some of the benefits of the scholarships include:
- A monthly stipend of 934 euros
- Travel allowance
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation fees among other benefits
To learn more about the eligibility requirements and the application criteria, click here
8. LUISS Excellent Masters Scholarship
Also, the LUISS Excellent Masters Scholarships is open to international students who want to bag their master’s degree in the Luiss Guido Carli University in Italy. The scholarship covers the full tuition payment for the duration of the master’s degree and can be renewed based on the recipient’s academic performance. To learn more about the eligibility requirements and the application criteria, click here.
9. Leeds University Business School Scholarship
Additionally, students who want to study in the United Kingdom can take advantage of the Leeds University Business School Scholarship. It is open to international students who have a research interest and are self-driven and motivated. Students majoring in the accounts and finance fields are eligible to apply. The scholarship can last throughout the program but is dependent on the academic performance of the applicant. To learn more about the eligibility requirements and the application criteria, click here.
10. University Of Copenhagen, Denmark Scholarships
The University of Copenhagen in Denmark is offering scholarship opportunities to international students interested in pursuing postdoctoral degrees at the university. It is a fully-salaried opportunity which means that beneficiaries will be paid during the program. The scholarship also includes the following benefits:
- Tuition fees
- Office space
- Travel rants and other benefits.
To learn more about the eligibility requirements and the application criteria, click here.
Read also: Scholarships For Students Pursuing Careers In Environmental Science
Do you desire to start a career in STEM? The first thing is to pursue a degree in STEM. Wondering how to go about pursuing a postgraduate degree in STEM courses abroad? We can guide you through your journey and make your dreams come true. Reach out to us at EdXtra to access opportunities that will help you on your journey.
Enrolling in the top universities in the world can increase your chances with employers. Unfortunately, it can be quite expensive to study abroad due to the current economic crisis. But this shouldn’t limit you as there are other options you can explore to enhance your career.
MPower Finance and Prodigy Finance are some of the best student loan providers for international students. They also do not require any cosigner or collateral before application. At EdXtra Associates, we can help you with your loan application process. We also provide educational consultancy services for international students to help make your journey easier and faster. You can reach out to us, as we’d love to guide you through this journey.
This post was last modified on October 28, 2023 12:57 pm