Electric Power Systems business in Rockford is looking for a Program Quality Engineer to support the face of Quality to the customer. In this role, the successful candidate will establish and maintain quality improvement plans, relative to specific customer and/or program requirements and in accordance with Collins policies and procedures. The candidate will engage and work with the central quality organization, performance, and ensure focus on customer quality improvement activities.
- This position will support our Rockford, IL location
- Will need to have the ability to travel 20% to work with the team
- Provide POC focal for external customer engagement
- Review & Approve Technical documents (E/P, Change Request’s Deviation, etc)
- Develop Quality Plans and Integrated Program Management Plans (IPMP)
- Create customer requirements compliance matrices
- Facilitate/support RRCA investigations to meet customer expectations (TAT, FPY)
- Support/participate in CMS Cadence Reviews and content development (Customer Satisfaction)
- Act on behalf of Customer for delegated Quality activities (conformities)
- Establish ZDP plan & monitor execution for Get to Green (GTG) plans
- Meet Quality Issue Management (QIM) RRCA TAT of < 90 days
- Support internal & external audits
- Support <90 day FYIS Quality reviews
- Review & approve Work Transfer Projects
- Utilize the QIM 8D Tool for customer returns
- Follow all Collins CMS/QMS procedures
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) unless prohibited by local laws/regulations and minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field or in absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience
- U.S. Person (U.S. citizen, permanent resident, refugee or asylee) or eligible to obtain necessary export authorizations required
- SAP experience
- Previous experience with ZDP
- Previous experience supporting internal and external audits
- Quality Leadership & Engineering Accelerated Development rotational program experience
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.