Are you passionate about cyber and security challenges in information technology, associated with threats and vulnerabilities? Are you looking for an enriching experience to build your career and brand? If you are interested in a role that offers an opportunity to provide front line support to our clients instead of a “back office programmer” position then Deloitte’s Government and Public Service Cyber Risk team could be the place for you! Join our team of Cyber Risk professionals who collaborate with government agencies, IT professionals, and clients to support cyber security and risk consulting engagements.
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Solution Engineer, Splunk Engineer, within our USDC Cyber Risk team, you will:
- Work with Government and Public Service clients to mitigate cyber risk and threats
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
- Assist in proposal development, as requested
- Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
- Installing and Configuring Splunk in a cloud architecture
- Developing, updating, and maintaining dashboards and Splunk applications
- Communicating technical security policy and orchestration concepts to customers, including developers, architects, and managers
- Assessing and scoping of customer’s security policy needs
- Collaborating with Product Management and Engineering to enhance deployments
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte’s Government and Public Service practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Government and Public Service practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Government and Public Service Cyber Risk team is client focused and mission driven. Our team works across industries and sectors to respond more rapidly and effectively, providing recommendations to improve cyber threat detection.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems Security, Cybersecurity, or related experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with Splunk
- 1+ years’ experience managing Splunk App development, scripting and log management solution design
- 1+ years’ experience with Python, Data Visualization, and Info & Operations Security- Logging
- Fundamental understanding of software, computer, cloud computing, and network architectures
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Ability to obtain & maintain the required security clearance
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United Stated without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Previous Federal Consulting experience
- Experience with Information Assurance concepts and processes within the Federal government
- Knowledge of and experience with Federal security regulations, standards, and processes including FISMA, FIPS, NIST, and FedRAMP
- Splunk Certifications such as Splunk Enterprise Security and Splunk ITSI certification